Request a call here!
Planning a Chargemaster Review
Hospital charges have become increasingly scrutinized over the years, and it is more important than ever to ensure you are capturing services and procedures appropriately and accurately. When it is time for you to schedule your Chargemaster Review, developing a clear plan can help ensure the review is completed successfully.
How to Plan a Chargemaster Review
A well-formulated plan for a Chargemaster Review should include the following:
- Identify and update invalid codes
- Consider inactivating items that have no historical usage
- Review prices against payer contracts and market benchmarks
- Analyze volume trends to determine if charge capture and processes issues exist
- Inspect system connectivity to ensure all charges entered end up on the bill
Without accurate Chargemaster data and proper charge capture processes, you may miss potential reimbursement. With help from MedCom Solutions, you can identify and resolve errors quickly and efficiently. We will analyze data and system connectivity to ensure charge accuracy and integrity. For more information on how we can assist with your Chargemaster software, contact MedCom Solutions today at 1-800-449-8601. We will work with you to determine the best course of action for your next Chargemaster Review so you can stay up-to-date with industry standards and increase your revenue for a thriving business. Give us a call today to help to maximize your facility’s potential.